Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sweet 16

She slowly opened the door and there I stood jaw dropped and stunned with her beauty. It wasn't just the luxurious, shiny, princess-sleeved ebony jacket deliciously topped off with a most lavishly decadent bow that she was wearing. It wasn't even the hot pink elongated, grand, floor-sweeping, grand, flowing mermaid skirt that I was most captivated with. No, it was something much more. It was her grace and poise that captured my attention. It was her confidence in who she was, not what she was wearing that swept me off my feet. Oh Sweet 16's hair was beauty shop worthy -though she fixed it herself. Sweet 16's lip gloss was sparkling sweet. Sweet 16's eyes were beautifully pure. Sweet 16's skin was a radiant gleam. But through all of the outward beauty, I saw what was within. "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.Proverbs 31:31

Sweet 16


1 comment:

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Love the pictures, love the girl, love you!