Thursday, October 9, 2008

In Hot Pursuit & The Coolest Socks EvEr

Slow and steady always wins. It's been that way since Ike hit us. At least for the computer part of my life. OH IT'S SO GOOD TO BE BACK! We just got internet last week! I'm grateful to have my home and electricity. We went camping for a few days during recovery and it was wonderful. I'll not mention how many delicious S'mores I ate while on the wild frontier. Or how scared I was at night that a bear would come and attack our tent (that all five of us happened to sleep in. For it was made for three but somehow we squished in five!)

We've been in revival now for 6 weeks with Jerome Bourn (who is truly a man of God and who has blessed us with his ministry) . God is just about to get us to believe that He can do ANYTHING. I say that sarcastically but you know He really can do anything. More than what you think or pray. I'm not putting Him in a box any more! Only He knows how cramped it is in there. Yes, I've made my decision to believe Him and trust for whatever my need and want. I don't say that in a cocky way but as His child and as someone who is in hot pursuit of His presence and ways. Anyway, if you want to come and have your faith, thinking, and life totally changed we'll be at 8819 Will Clayton PKWY on Friday Oct 10th at 7:30pm and Sunday Oct 12 at 10:30am & 6:00pm. Hey, for those of you who are sick of the way things are going in your life just give God a chance and see what He does. Seriously. And please, I'm not a religious nut who believes that you can put your quarter in God's vending machine and get what you want. But I do believe that when you put Him first, He sees to it that you are well taken care of. It's a principle. Oh I know some of you don't believe that it's right to mix business (this blog, my photography) with "religion" but it's who I am. And now to quote the ever popular spinach eating, strength gaining Popeye,: "I yam what I yam."

And on a very um different note...I bought the coolest pair of socks this week and want to show you! I put them on and walked into the room where my family was and instantly their eyes lit up and they smiled! "Where'd you get those?" I said, "you like 'em dontcha?!"
I think I'm in love. The colors are awesome!



Lookin' all cool.





I'll be posting a really creative birthday party that I shot on Sept 27th soon! Here's a super sneek peek!



***UUUUUHHHHH! As soon as I am able, I am going to purchase a custom blog so that my photos don't look all Willy-Wonkified when I post them! I don't know why the sock photos look so pixelated but if anyone knows, please let me in on the info.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Where did the socks come from? I love fun crazy cool socks too :)

JAMIE said...

Target! They have THE coolest socks ever!