Thursday, July 10, 2008

Assuming Nothing

You know, the Lord is so so so very good to me. I have recently been praying and fasting. I say that not to boast or brag but to bring glory to God. Anyway it's not like I've been without for 7 days or anything! So don't even "assume" that! I've been giving up simple things which I happen to L-O-V-E LOVE! Anyway, I learn so much better when I pay attention and one way of getting my attention is giving up things that I truly LOVE and say Lord, you've got my attention so I'm all ears. One thing that I've prayed about is this: Lord, I don't know what I need. Other people may see what I need. It's much easier to see what others need right? But you Lord, You know what I need. Help me to see those needs. If I need to change an area or two or three or four...let's just start with one for now please sir. I mean Sir. And something cool happened after I prayed! He answered me! Yes, that is true folks. God answered my prayer and I live to tell about it.

So what was it that He showed me that I needed to change? DUN dun DUN dun DUN dun DUN dun DUN dun DUN dun DUN dun...dun duuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn! That's the song that starts off like in Star Wars maybe? Nope. It's actually from 2001 A Space Oddyssey! Just looked it up! So you can go and listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnmCu3U09w I just love special effects! So back to the what I needed to change: I need to quit assuming things! I totally assumed two situations this week that were completely opposite, not-at-all what I assumed! They had me in more knots than a rope on a Naval ship! And my eyes were opened to that fact. No, I've not only assumed two things and now have had to go to rehab about it. I actually do it all the time. I find myself constantly confessin' on this here-uh blog -o'mine. But feel that what I learn maybe someone else can gain something from it too.
I am completely blown away by His goodness. I'm so very glad that He is willing to teach us and help us. Oh He loves us so! And I am now on my way to working on NOT assuming things or situations or thoughts or actions or lack of words or too many words or whatever my assuming may be about. Precious people, I leave you with this powerful quote: Assume nothing.

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6 (King James Version)

Philippians 4:6 (The Message)
Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

2 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Great post, Jamie! One thing I've learned is often our 'fears' drive us to false assumptions. Perfect Love casteth out ALL fear. When I allow more of God (Perfect Love)in a situation the fears are forced away. Love you, girl.

David Axioo said...

Your post is an encouragement, and a reminder to all of us. I know it, and need to hear it again from a fellow photographer is something else. Thanks for sharing your experience. God is awesome!!

Btw i love your work.

www.axioo.com/blog