Friday, August 22, 2008

Engagement at THE ICON

As I drove into the dark garage just a few feet away from the door of the hotel I knew this was going to be good but just how good I did not know! Through the glass doors I waltzed and was instantly in awe. The decor was amazing and bold. The strong furniture, curtains that fell from ceiling to floor, strong, dark wood that encased this beautiful structure , and brawny, cold metal vault that stared at me from behind the front desk instantly had me mezmorized (ha-I almost said memorized. I do try to be serious and then something funny strikes!) I knew this was the place.

I saw them walk in as I was on the mezzanine and walked down to meet some of the family members. The others trickled in and it was so cool to watch them get ready -actually put the finishing touches together. "Okay, which tie?" the husband of one of the sisters asked as both girls were curling their lashes that ended in a result Feline (Bambi's girl) would have been jealous of! And oh the search of Mom's shoes! Do you have Mom's shoes? Did you get Mom's shoes yet?I'm not sure who finally had them but they sure were pretty! Black with shiny gold heels. And when everyone had finished, all looked exquisite. We went downstairs to begin our session.

But there was something quite different about this family portrait session. There was a BIG SURPRISE that would unfold at the end. A surprise engagement would take place in one of the most ornate places ever to behold.
And so the end was near. I sprinkled the fragrant red rose petals on the floor and snapped a few more photos of the couple and then left the room to "check my battery-" wink-wink. When I got the nod, I walked back in and he was on her right side on his knee. I said, "Oh! that looks great Jared!" Stay just like that. I looked them up and down to make sure they "looked just so" and then asked him if he Ahem, could straighten his cuff. Oh he straightentend it alright! Out from under his pant leg came a little red box that he opened as he was facing her. In it rested a circular token of his love and promised devotion to his gorgeous Jennifer. With smiles, tears, beauty, and joy she accepted. And now, words cannot hold a candle to the emotions or moments that were captured that Tuesday evening of August 19, 2008 at the HOTEL ICON in Houston, Texas.

Jennifer is one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen!




I LOVE THIS!!!


Don't you think she even cries pretty? Look at her hands! So elegant.
















Congratulations Jennifer and Jared!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SOO amazing!! I loved reading about all the things that were going on while I remained oblivious! It was perfect in every way, words can't describe how thankful we are that you captured it in such a beautiful way! The moment was so pure.

Jennifer & Jared

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Congratulations Jennifer & Jared!!
I am so happy for you....Yall are both so special.
Jamie, you did a great job on the photos. I'm anxious to see the family ones also, or was that just a "set up" LOL.

marisa luke said...

Hi Sis. Johnson! I doubt you remember me- it's been a very long time since you and your family came to our church in Sunnyvale (Bro. Ron Lawrence). I adore your photography-it's absolutely beautiful!