Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dramatic. Bold. Natural.

Any good company or business takes time to evaluate themselves. So lately, I've been doing some evaluating of my own. I've been wanting to update the "About" section on my website and brainstormed, searched deep within, and read my clients, friends comments about my photos for inspiration to do so. This comes so easy for some but for me, the perfectionist, wants just the right commentary to describe my work. I am blessed to be able to capture moments, emotion, and realness for families.

Dramatic. Bold. Natural.

Dramatic: first and foremost because just the appearance of the word gets my blood pumping.
Bold: because it grabs my attention and yours too.
Natural: because it's best for you and me.
At first glance, you wouldn't think that Natural would fit in with Dramatic or Bold. But indeed it fits with those two words like a glove. Why I choose these words is simple. It's what shows up in my portraits. And before I made sure I wanted to use those words, I looked them up in Webster's to make sure they indeed did fit my style like a glove. (perfectionist alert!)

Dramatic: striking in appearance or effect Check.
Bold: standing out prominently Check.
Natural: having a physical or real existence Check.

And because the proof is always in the puddin'...

Dramatic.



Bold.

Natural.


No comments: