Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl

"It's my birthday Mama!" she said as she sprung out of bed melting my heart for her innocence and excitedness. (I normally spend 15 minutes coaxing her to get up for school.) I scooped her up and gave her lots of hugs and kisses. Made up a song about the Birthday Girl and then drove the girls to school. The rush began. Oh how I wish sometimes I would make a better effort to prepare for situations. A little Christmas shopping mixed with birthday shopping and before I knew it, the clock said 2:30pm and I was still in line at Wal-Mart! The lady in front of me must of went shopping once a year! Her buggy was loaded with all sorts of foods and beverages and bags were spilling over the top. Ah, she's almost done as the cashier gave her the receipt. But she had a discrepancy with her bill! NO! This cannot be happening to me. Listen lady, I have a party to decorate for, a cake to bake, and a bit of last minute cleaning to do, not to mention children that will need me in about 45 minutes! Oh and I have Homemade Vanilla Bluebell ice cream in my basket! Now get on with it! I was supposed to be home at 2:00 or at least that's what I had planned on. Ha! don't plan on being on time if you're at Wal-Mart during holiday seasons. Finally it's my turn and I ask the lady how she's doing and with the most depressing "fine" I've ever heard my heart melted for her. The only thing I knew to do was to ask her what I could help her pray about. And so I did. She immediately lit up. She said, "I just need peace." So I said "ok, right now in Jesus name." She said thank you. Her countenance was changed. I told her that no matter what the problem was, it wasn't too small for the Lord to be concerned about too. She's still in my prayers.
So I wheeled my buggy out of the line like a mad woman only to remember that I hadn't gotten a topper for the cake yet! I wanted to get an old fashioned Barbie (but they're so heavy) so I headed to a dollar store for their cheapie looking ones they always carry. All while thinking about our precious Blue Bell melting away in the car I thought, "Oh well, we'll have to eat mushy ice cream. This mom's got to get a topper for her baby's cake!" I walked up and down the toy aisles a million times scanning for those cheap plastic imitation Barbie's but not a one did I find! "You've got to be kidding me." bluebellbluebellbluebellchildrencakefoodcleaning. My thougts were haunting me. I head over to the party section in hopes of finding something there and to my surprise and delight, they had the most beautiful figurines sitting so pretty on the shelf. I grabbed the blonde one and jetted to the check out. Looking at my most beloved find, I knew my baby would love her!
When she got home she asked me what I got to put on her cake. I pulled the beauiful figurine out of the bag her eyes got big and her jaw dropped in utter disbelief. "Oh mama, she's so pretty." Thank you!" You would've thought she was a Llardro or something! As I was getting the food ready, she handed me a note that said: "Thank you Mom for decorating for my party." And for the third time that day my heart melted. Happy Birthday baby girl!



Meet Max. He came to the party too. He's my sister-in-laws Christmas present. She loves his eyes. They go every whicha way.


I shot these with my new 60mm 2.8 macro lens. I LOVE IT! I cannot wait to see the results from my first baby session with it!!!!!
Our Favorite.


1 comment:

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Beautiful topper....who knew dollar tree would have the most unique, perfect, blonde, beautiful topper.....matches the bday girl.