Saturday, June 14, 2008

Downright Good Time

Ouch. Oh my muscles had a serious workout yesterday! Muscles (that I haven't obviously used in years) are sore to-day! My brother-in-law called Thursday morning and asked if we wanted to take a little road trip with them. MyRick asked me if I wanted to go down the river. New Braunfels to be exact. Immediately my brain went to thinking about aaaaaaallll of the trips to New Braunfels we took when I was little. Memories seem to have a hold on me lately. I'm sure the girls will like it. They'll have someone to play with. AND I know that we'll be laughing the whole time because my sister-in-law will be there. I'd like to get away. Yes, let's go. So we pick up our oldest daughter from camp and head out. We get to the Guadalupe and the smell of the water is just like it was when I was 10. We rode the river for 7 hours and (7 hours of hooping, hollaring, relaxing, back paddling away from rocks and people, pure enjoyment) then went to The Gristmill for dinner. It was delicious. All of the girls (there were 7 under the age of 13) were falling asleep at the table. One even layed down on the cobblestone next to our table and almost fell out. We had a blast and I'm ready to go again. I didn't take my camera for many reasons...water being the most obvious. And I didn't want to leave it in the car all day in the heat. We bought a water camera and took some pics with that so I'm anxious to see how they turn out. Especially since my girls took most of the pictures. So no pics to put in this post. BOO. BOO. BOOOOOOOOOO. But hopefully later I'll put some up as Father's Day is tomorrow and all. Be back soon. -Jamie

3 comments:

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Jamie:
I just love your blog. You have such a way with words. I also love the pictures. You are so creative. I am trying to get caught up posting my pictures on my site, but we stay on the road so much. We are in NYC and will fly to San Antonio on Mon. eve.
Love you

Tracie Smith said...

Girl, talking about those sore muscles you are revealing your age! lol Glad you all had fun. Give my girls a hug....

Daria Lauren said...

Hi Jamie,

It sounds like you had a blast. I know my girls would have loved it! They take like fish to water. Did you get my email? My computer has had some glitches lately and I'm not sure my email got to you. Let me know! Tell Myrick "Happy Father's Day" from the Espinoza's. Talk to you soon!

Karry Espinoza
Delano, CA