Monday, June 9, 2008

Just A Swingin'

"Little Charlotte she's as pretty as the angels when they sang..." This is not Charlotte. This is Kellen, my cousin. The girls and I went to visit him the other day. So when I was thinking of a title for this blog entry, the song Swingin' by John Anderson came to me. Wow how that song brings back memories. Oh no. Open the flood gate of memories because here they come! When I was little my uncle had a bar in Galveston that we went to EVERY weekend. His name was Carl (of Carl's Lazy Bend) but for some reason that I can't remember, we called him Uncle Mutt. I was about 9 or 10 when these memories were being made. I used to play Ms PacMan and got all the way to the pears if I remember correctly. The barbque plates, candy bars, and free Cokes were enough to make any child happy. Sorry to say that I wasn't though. I truly felt that I was always missing something in my life-even as a child. I had a void that was never filled by anyone or anything until I received the Holy Ghost (God's Spirit) in 1995. I praise Him for that and I've never had that empty feeling again. Back to the memories...My favorite memories of Uncle Mutt's place were the piano that I used to play and the jukebox. I was much better at playing the jukebox! Elvira, New York, and Swingin' were my favorites. Oh music...speaking of music, there used to be a band called Salty Dog (I know right?) that I thought was awesome. And for the main reason...Tommy. He was 21 and I was like 13. There was simply no hope for "us."He played the guitar in the band and man I thought he rocked! Oh young love/crushes. Oh young...Kellen. Is he having a ball on this swang or what? He was a joy to be around. His favorite thing to say is: Awwww NOOOOOOO! (Oh no!) I just love this series of shots...











Like Mother...yah.







Love the old fashioned look here.

3 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Too cute!!!

Jana Allard said...

P.S. Here's a link to another blog I think you would enjoy. www.hassasphotography.blogspot.com
Just cut and paste it into a search.

Deadra's Dialogue said...

cute pics