Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Much Better

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I'm feeling much better!Thank you for your prayers. I read a book by Jenna Bush while I was down and wow am I blessed. Sometimes it's easy to let little things (and I do mean little) dirty walls that need to be repainted, broken kitchen tile around the sink, yard work, the horrible dilemma of "not having anything to wear," gas being high, zits on your chin, bad hair days (and I mean REALLY bad), your children acting as if you've never taught them a thing about manners, having a leak in your air conditioner in your car for which now is leaving a musty smell on the carpet of the floor board. You get my drift. So this book, Ana's Story has opened my eyes to see that I am truly blessed. My "problems" are always better than someone elses'. It made me realize that I am a bit selfish and think a little too much about me. Whew. Confessions are hard especially if they are about you seeing the truth. Now, I am going to have me a blessed day. He has blessed me with so many things, people, and His word. It brings me such comfort to read it. It's real. This is such a world changing scripture:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phillipians 4:8
I'm gonna go get my praise on y'all!


Jenna is signing our copy of Ana's Story and Jerry Ann Guidroz took this of us. Thank you!! We were at the lovely River Oaks Country Club in Houston.


This one cracks me up. MyRick said something funny to Jenna (I know. Shock right?) and she looked up at him. I of course was watching her sign our copy of Ana's Story and was all into the moment. Very cool time. The man that took our photo did not tell us when to look up or even say "ready?" Ugh. Did I say that I love this picture of MyRick? He's so funny and this is totally him.

1 comment:

The Daigles said...

Lol... love this pic! And your outfit is SO FINE! Love you, girl.