Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our Um, "Car"

So yesterday we go to get in our car (it's really and SUV but I don't want to call it that. It just sounds too "aren't we something" to me) and it won' crank. All you hear is this tat tat tat tat tat when you do. Oh well that's just stinkin' great. Did I mention that it was like 100* outside and we were all dressed for church? And MyRick had a white dress shirt on? Yah. So anyway, he went over to Earl's and knocked on the door. "Hey man, can you give us a jump?" Ear.- Sure, be happy to." So he drives the truck over (across the street) and that's not happening for some reason. I'm like in the middle of Bailey's apple drama. She is eating an apple with one of the homemade popsicle plastic stick thingies. "Look Mama! I'm eating my apple with This!" Being the frugal mom that I am, I said "Bailey, why are you doing that? You're wasting it and you're not even supposed to be eating in the car anyway!!!" UUUhh. I'm going in to peel it. All while in my very high black patten pumps. Gorgeous! Come out. Here baby, eat it now. MyRick..."Can you go get me a handkerchief babe?" Yah. Back up the stairs and down again while wearing my high gorgeous black patten high heels. I can't walk very good in those things! Okay...back to Earl's truck when I came back out, he had taken it back home (across the street) and brought over the Caddy! Oh I was so hoping that our um, "car" wouldn't start! I wanted to drive in that to church! Why you may ask? Weeelll, it's old, it's white and maroon with plush valour seats, maroon carriage top, white walls and it is for sale! It's $1950 to be exact. The asking price is stuck on the front windshield in BIG GREEN NUMBERS! Oh how I wanted everyone to see us drive up in that car! I know. Wierdy. But my plans were foiled as I heard the RRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRR of our "car" and the RRRRR RRR RRR of Earl's Caddy! Man. I was bummed. So we made it to church and had a fabulous service. MyRick even called me a "hot -to -trot Mama!" Yes, those are quotation marks. Everyone even clapped on beat! How exciting!!! Visitors!! Kids!!! Sis Apple's laughter permiated the air! You couldn't have asked for a better night!
So we wake up this morning (more like dragging) How 'bout you take the girls to school I said. Okay, I'll go get a new battery while I'm out. Okay. So I'm getting ready and Prince Charming (see photo of him below) brings me (break out stage lighting and red curtains, the "see the light" music...you know the voices that go AAAAAHHHHHHHHH) Iced Grande Caramel Machiatto from http://www.starbucks.com/ OH. MY. GOODNESS. I'm in Heaven! So we're running errands and we see a new little Jeep I can't remember what it is but it was cute and it was new. The one with all of the lights on top. Yah, that's it. A man got out of his car and starts to push it. MyRick says, "I'm going to go help that man." Lights and music please. Did I mention that it was in the middle of a SUPER BUSY intersection. And they had a 4 month old in the backseat? I told her to jump in the "car" with me. So it's a dead battery. We jump them and follow them to the battery store. Don't know what happened after that but I was glad that MyRick helped him and his wife. Gotta go now. I'm off to fry some catfish, shrimp, fries. In-Laws are coming over. Yeah!

Yes, I took a picture of it. In all it's slendid glory!

1 comment:

Leann said...

Goodmorning, My everso talented Pastor's wife. Not only can you take good pictures but you are a very good story teller! SOooooo heres my thoughts..... I was thinking since you loved that caddy so much we could take up donations do some fundraisers, just what ever we can to get you that beauty. The car of your dreams! The Lord knows the desires of the heart. Your chariot of fire ( hince the red ) and the chivalry of your Prince awaits you for an adventureous journey. PS I will be watching LOL. Love ya, Leann Do