Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What Do You See


What do you see when you look at this picture? A chandelier? A genuine smile and excitement? Color? Texture? Lights? A sweet little girl pointing up? There's so much more than what you "see." What you don't see is a $1,500 chandelier that was purchased by a precious family that donated this to our church. What you don't see is the paint on the walls and the intricate wood work that was also donated to our church by loving people. What you don't see are the prayers, sweat, labor, and tears that have been poured into the making of this building. A building where people could come and worship. A building that would be a refuge to those who are seeking shelter from their storm. What you don't see is a little girl's daddy holding her up on his shoulders so she reach out and touch the stars in this photo. There's so much more than what we "see." We don't know situations and circumstances that go on in the lives of our fellow neighbor or even family. There's so much more than what we "see." I want to be sensitive to that. How? By not judging. By loving. By patience. By the help of God. There's so much more than what we "see." Lord, help me to see those things that only you know about in the lives of others. Help me to be sensitive and caring. Help me to edify and not tear down. Help me to understand. Help me to help them. In Jesus' name.

1 comment:

Tracie Smith said...

Hey girl!!! I love and miss you. I pray Humble is having revival!!!