Saturday, May 31, 2008

Why I Cost More

What? Why are you posting such a scary subject? Are you crazy? Why are you exploiting "being expensive?" I'm not. I'm shedding light on the subject of custom/specializing portraiture. So here's the story: My sister-in-law (who by the way always has me in stitches) called me the other day and told me that a friend of hers wanted to get some family portraits. So, Cynthia showed her my website. (YAH! You go girl!) And her friend told her that I was too expensive. She's not the only one who has expressed this. So I wanted to share my side of my passion and specializing with you. So she went and had them taken in (shudder) The Mall because it would be cheaper. So Cynthia's friend shows her the photos (for which she (the friend) is not too happy with) and Cynthia asks her how much cheaper it was. Come to find out, she spent about the same amount at The Mall as she would have on my photo session! (so much for those coupons!) So Cynthia was like "What?" Dude, you could have gotten custom portraits that you really wanted, in an awesome location with Jamie for what you spent at The Mall! Her friend said, I know. I should have called her. Soooooo, with that being said, I found this article and really think that it's helpful in explaining why custom portraits are more expensive. I feel that this will help all of my wonderful, fantastic, present/future clients of mine. I have nothing to hide. See you soon! http://www.professionalchildphotographer.com/information/?p=6





These are from a recent session of mine and I just want to show you that you can't plan for stuff like this to happen in The Mall. They won't capture it for you. But I will! And I want to!



They were feeding the ducks and all of the sudden...


The "attack" happened! One of the ducks bit sweet "A" on the finger as she was feeding it Cheerios! You just can't plan for these things! How precious! (Oh, not the duck bite) The expressions! How REAL! And we captured it! YEAH!!



Daddy make duck tragedy all better baby.





And this one...the background, the water, the purity, the love.
aaaaaaahhhhh. The everything.





P.S. This is what Jennifer had to say about our time together: "Thanks so much - you made it very relaxing and enjoyable." When's the last time you heard someone say that about The Mall studio?

1 comment:

Deadra Backhus said...

I agree Jamie. Your studio is wherever you want it to be.